Call for Posters and Demos – PervasiveHealth 2018
The 12th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Pervasive Health 2018 invites proposals that address innovative and important topics related to the application of pervasive technologies in the field of healthcare. This is divided into two categories: Posters and Demos.
Posters aim at reporting on the progress of ongoing research and insights into the lessons learned from current (industrial, practitioners, government, etc.) pervasive healthcare practice. Posters invite a wide range of topics and types of work including formative or summative evaluations, methodologies, technological innovation, and design in the area of pervasive health. A shorter version of published work will be rejected. We encourage the authors to use the Posters venue as a way to open up discussions with the Pervasive Health community about their early work in progress and develop the work for future publication and innovation.
Demos will showcase the latest developments and prototypes related to the topics of interest of the conference. We seek proposals for demonstrations of pervasive technologies across the full environment of healthcare, starting from clinical applications to wearable, ambient and home based health monitoring technologies up to assistive devices and educational or motivational aids. The expected demo submissions should describe the technical details of the demo alongside its contribution to the pervasive healthcare domain.
Posters and Demos provide authors an opportunity to demonstrate or present their work, including research, service, prototype or product addressing one or more of the suggested topics as presented in the general call for participation. A successful submission communicates ideas and concepts in a powerful way that a regular presentation cannot. All accepted submissions are showcased during the conference, where the presenters have the ability to interact with the conference attendees, and showcase their work and technologies. We therefore encourage making your presentation visually or otherwise appealing and presenting it in an innovative way.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Sensing/Actuating Technologies and Pervasive Computing
- Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Hardware and Software Infrastructures
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Identifying and addressing stakeholder needs
- Usability and acceptability
- Barriers and enablers to adoption
- Social implications of pervasive health technology, and social inclusion
- Coverage and delivery of pervasive healthcare services
- Patient and caregiver empowerment
- Diversity: population and condition-specific requirements
- Inclusive research and design: engaging underrepresented populations
- Digital interventions and health behavior change
- Autonomous systems to support independent living
- Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies
- Telemedicine and mHealth solutions
- Chronic disease and health risk management applications
- Health/Wellbeing promotion and disease prevention
- Home based health and wellness measurement and monitoring
- Continuous vs event-driven monitoring of patients
- Smart homes and hospitals
- Using mobile devices in the storage, update, and transmission of patient data
- Wellbeing and lifestyle support
- Systems to support individuals with auditory, cognitive, or vision impairments
- Systems to support caregivers
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Physiological models for interpreting medical sensor data
- Activity recognition and fall detection
- User modelling and personalization
- Modelling of Pervasive Healthcare environments
- Sensor-based decision support systems
- Design and evaluation of patient and ambient-related sensors
- Wearable and implantable sensor integration
- Data fusion in pervasive healthcare environments
- Data mining of medical patient records
- Software architectures
- Electronic Health Records
Pervasive Healthcare Management
- Challenges surrounding data quality
- Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare
- Business cases and cost issues
- Security and privacy issues
- Training of healthcare professional for pervasive healthcare
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Staffing and resource management
Submission and Review Process
Poster submissions should be a maximum of 4 pages including references, figures, tables, and appendix. Demo submissions should be a maximum of 2 pages including references, figures, tables, and appendix.
The deadline for the submissions is April 2, 2018. Authors should submit their extended abstracts using the Confy Submission system. If you don’t have a Confy account, the link will allow you to create one.
Submit your DEMO here.
Submit your POSTER here.
Note that submissions are accepted only in PDF format.
Confidentiality of submissions is maintained during the review process, and the posters and demos will be selected through a single-blind review process and authors name and affiliation must be on the paper. All rejected submissions will be kept confidential in perpetuity. All submitted materials for accepted submissions will be kept confidential until the start of the conference. Submissions will be evaluated based on their originality, significance of the contribution to the field, technical correctness and presentation, as well as the potential to include participation by conference attendees. The submission should make explicit how the work offers unique and substantial contribution beyond what has already been published or submitted.
Accepted proposals abstracts (including figures) of the demonstration will be distributed in the conference proceedings. Posters and Demos will be published by EAI Core and submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Submission deadline: 2nd April 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 23rd April 2018
- Camera-ready deadline: 30 April 2018
- Start of Conference: 21st May 2018
- End of Conference: 24th May 2018
Demo and Posters Chairs
If you have questions about Demos and Posters for Pervasive Health 2018, please contact the Poster and Demo Chairs: Miotto Riccardo <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Oresti Banos <email@example.com>